Q. What courses can I teach as an Emergency First Response Instructor?
A. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you are qualified to teach Adult, Child and Infant CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use, first aid and emergency oxygen administration.
Q. What are 10 advantages of becoming an Emergency First Response Instructor?
A. 1. It’s easy! With a worldwide network of Instructor Trainers, you can attend the Instructor course at a site near you. If you already have a current instructor certification with another agency, you may be able complete the Instructor Crossover course by Independent Study.
2. Outstanding Business Support: From prompt shipping of training products to customized marketing support materials, Emergency First Response is dedicated to providing you with the utmost in business support.
3. Quality Educational Materials: Our training manuals follow current emergency care guidelines and have gained acceptance around the world. In addition, our videos features realistic lay-rescuer scenarios and is designed for independent study.
4. You can help others – by teaching lay rescuers life-saving techniques that they can use during a medical emergency.
5. You can supplement your income by teaching courses to individuals, businesses and community groups.
6. Shorter classroom hours – our independent study model provides a focused learning environment and entails less classroom time for you and your students.
7. Performance-Based Training – Students master skills in a low-stress learning environment to develop the confidence to provide care when faced with a medical emergency. The courses’ flexible delivery methods allow you to customize the training to meet specific student’s needs.
8. Independence – you don’t have to work through a chapter or training center as required by some agencies and there are no market restrictions on where you can teach.
9. Convenience and flexibility – our adult, child and infant CPR, AED and First Aid courses can be taught together or alone in any combination.
10. Competitively Priced Training Materials! – Our materials are competitively priced to meet or beat the competition.
Q. How long does the Emergency First Response Instructor course take?
A. Instructor course takes about 8-14 hours typically over two days, depending upon class size.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the Instructor course?
A. To enter the Emergency First Response Instructor course, you must be 18 years old and have completed CPR and first aid training in the past 24 months.
If you do not meet the prerequisites, you must take additional training before you take the Instructor course. See questions below for details.
Q. I am a current Medical Professional (EMT, Paramedic, Nurse or Doctor). Do I qualify for the Instructor Course?
A. Yes! As a current medical professional you are qualified to enter the Emergency First Response Instructor Course without first completing the Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course.
Q. What if I am already an Instructor with another certifying organization?
A. Instructors with current certifications from other certifying organizations are eligible for the Emergency First Response Instructor Crossover course. You may be able to complete this course by Independent Study. Contact an Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer or your Emergency First Response Regional Headquarters to sign up.
Q. What if I completed a CPR/First Aid provider course but my card has expired?
A. If you’ve had previous CPR/First Aid training but your card is expired, you must first complete the Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care courses. This training can be completed in as little as one day and can be provided by your Instructor Trainer in conjunction with your Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Q. What if I’ve never had any CPR or First Aid training?
A. No problem! All you need to do is complete the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care courses first. This takes about a day. This course can be provided by your Instructor Trainer in conjunction with your Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Q. Who sets the price for the courses I teach?
A. You do. We can provide you with general guidelines, but you will ultimately be the one to determine your price.
Q. Are there continuing education opportunities for Emergency First Response Instructors?
A. Emergency First Response offers a full range of instructor level courses including the Instructor Trainer Course and the First Aid at Work (Great Britain) and First Aid at Work (Australia)
Q. How do I sign up?