Emergency First Response courses have been approved or meet the following organizations’ guidelines for CPR/First Aid training:
North, South and Central America
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- American Camp Association.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Board of Massage Therapy State of Hawaii
- Boise Idaho Child Care Training Network
- California Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Federal OSHA Guideline 29 CFR 1910.151.
- Girl Scouts USA
- Illinois Department Of Public Health
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
- Michigan DHS, Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- North Carolina DHHS Division of Child Development
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), New Mexico
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Puerto Rico
- Ohio Job and Family Services
- State of New York Department of Health PAD training
- State of Washington Dept of Labor & Industries Accreditation
- United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA)
- United States Coast Guard (USCG) for a merchant mariner license
- United States OSHA Region 10 – includes federal jurisdiction for Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Idaho
- Utah State Parks and Recreation.
Asia and the Pacific Islands
- International Yacht Training (IYT) in the Asia Pacific region
- Philippine Heart Association Council on CPR
- South Korea:
- Korean Body Guard Martial Arts Association & affiliates
- Dream & Green Tour
- Sport For All – Korea Handball Federation
- Yacht N Company
- Young Jae Art & Craft School & Boy & Girl Scouts
- Yangchun-Gu Hapkido Association
Australia and New Zealand
- International Yacht Training (IYT) in the Asia Pacific region (incl. Australia and New Zealand)
- Australia Council for Teaching Swimming and Water Safety (AUSTSWIM)
- Australia Nationally Recognised Training to Provide First Aid and other first aid related courses when conducted through PADI Asia Pacific’s Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID#6729)
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) when conducted at a Private Training Establishment (PTE) and competency was assessed as meeting OSH/NZQA unit standard 6400, 6401, 6402 (or 6400, 26551, 26522 or equivalent / most recent unit standards)
Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia
- British Canoe Union (BCU)
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – United Kingdom
- Espirito Santo Fire Department, Brazil
- Féderation Suisse de Vol Libre
- Health and Safety Executive (Great Britain) and (Northern Ireland) for the purposes of first aid in the workplace
- Italian Resuscitation Council
- Northwest (UK) SureStart Care for Children
- Schweizerischer Hängegleiter-Verband
- Scouts Association U.K.
- SEMICYUC Sociedad Española de Medicina Intensiva, Críticos y Unidades Coronarias (Member of Spanish Resuscitation Council)
- SkillsActive – United Kingdom
If you need to know whether your Emergency First Response course meets compliance standards for an organization that is not on this list, please contact your Emergency First Response Regional Headquarters.
Visit this page often for updates on new accreditations.